We strive after a level playing field with unhindered access to both raw materials and relevant export markets. We are committed to the removal of trade barriers. We discuss and coordinate our activities within the Working Group Trade Policy.
In the period 2018-2020 amongst other things MVO focuses on the following topics:
- Bilateral free trade negotiations between the EU and major trading partners, in particular Mercosur (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay), Indonesia and Malaysia.
- The anti-dumping (AD) duties and countervailing duties that the EU applies to imports of biodiesel originating in Argentina and Indonesia.
- The Brexit negotiations in which the EU-27 and the UK will have to make agreements about their future (trade) relationship.
- International developments regarding differentiated export duties on oils / fats, oilseeds and biodiesel.
- New generation of EU free trade agreements, in particular on the aspect of sustainability chapters.
- APS: changes to EU import duties on products originating in developing countries.
- WTO: world trade round (Doha Round).